Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The intrigues of the banking sector in Kenya

A bank is a sensitive place. Its where some of us tend to keep our money and money being a sensitive, emotive and personal issue the way we know it we are usually careful when choosing which bank to keep our money etc

Me being this "smart ass" I am decided to take a loan with CBA. CBA is a respectable bank from its looks, the kind of customers who bank there and even its services all which come at a fee.



All this time I bore in mind, that since I am dealing with a big bank with big charges, the least I can get is good service, but alas, mediocrity knows no boundaries. I went to Wabera branch and after speaking with the advances department I get the requirements, which I fulfill obediently as you dont play with banks since they can screw you inside out. After which all is deemed ok and the application is forwarded to the next branch, Westlands, apparently because "my employer is bound to the Westlands branch", and the Westlands branch comes up with its own requirements, half of which I cant fulfil and had I known earlier about this 'hidden' half, I would not even had handed in my application, yet its the same bank that I am talking about. Talk about hidden charges and hidden requirements, totally blows!!! To cover for this they gave a very long explanation of how their interest is on a reducing balance, hallo, which bank isn't.

My 2 sense to you:

  • Avoid CBA like a leper. I have heard so many guys complain about this bank until it happened to me!
  • Take your money to the cheaper guys, such that when their service sucks, you ain't paying a leg and an arm for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment